Americans eat everywhere today besides sitting at the kitchen table – at their desk, at sporting events, at social gatherings, standing at the kitchen counter, in front of the TV and even in their cars. With the busy life that you may lead, sitting down for a meal may seem next to impossible. But there are many reasons why you should do just that and many reasons you should skip the car eating.
The dangers of eating in your car
First and foremost, eating while driving is just plain dangerous. Notice how many people are doing something else while they are driving – using their phone, putting on makeup, doing their hair and very often eating. Distracted driving is a leading cause of car crashes. Many activities you may not think of as distracting, but they truly are – eating included.
Beyond driving safety – eating in your car is dangerous for your health as well. Distracted eating is one of the leading causes of overeating. And though overeating is not the 먹튀검증 only reason for overweight, it is one of the factors playing a role in the overweight and obesity epidemic we experience today. Distracted eating or often described as mindless eating is eating without paying attention to the act of eating and the benefits you get from nourishing your body well.
Some ways that distracted or mindless eating may affect you include:
- Feeling overly full after a meal.
- Eating a meal or snack, but not remembering the experience.
- Feeling tempted to eat again shortly after eating.
- Eating very fast, possibly creating excess gas and bloating.
Paying attention to eating has a number of benefits including:
- Greater enjoyment of food.
- Reduction in overeating.
- Creation of a healthy relationship with food and your body.
- Slowing down your eating – beneficial for digestive health and recognition of hunger and fullness cues.
- Recognition of reasons for eating other than hunger – tired, bored, sad, happy, etc.
What are things you can do to stop eating in your car and distracted eating?