When you have a website, one of the largest sources of problems is often the chosen web hosting. Choosing the right hosting provider for your online business is one of the most important decisions you must make because it’s something you can decide you have growth in the short and medium term.
On the contrary, having a bad hosting provider can quickly become a nightmare, VPS Hosting India and migrate your content to another place is not easy. So let’s take a look at everything you should know to choose a good hosting provider, and give a push to your project.
The importance of a good hosting
Your website is your storefront professional face to the virtual world, and it is essential to remain always available and fully operational. The nature of the Internet allows us to access content that we want at any time, and your site is no exception have a page that often falls can be very harmful to your image, and the simple fact of not having access to Your site says a lot in itself.
To avoid this kind of thing, you should make sure that the infrastructure of the site is as robust as possible.
Hiring a quality hosting service can make the difference between a page that meets your expectations, or one which gives mediocre results… and that leads to failure. Among others, a bad hosting provider can actually cause headache in the long term:
- Falls your page because peak traffic and visits. If your hosting is not prepared for a possible avalanche of visits, the server could not stand and collapse.
- Problems with delivery of your emails and spam, especially if your provider does not have the appropriate certificates to ensure that it is not blacklisted.
- Slow loading speeds across your website, usually because your hosting space is not allocated enough processing power.
- Lost hours of time talking to the support, especially if your provider does not care what happens to your business.
- Configuration errors and failures in WordPress if the server has not been properly assembled and thinking about your needs as a customer.
- Security vulnerabilities by not having a robust security policy, or not having the software always updated to the latest version servers.
… and many more. Above all, you must remember that the hosting service is the basis on which your website is held, which should be as solid as possible. This is especially important for those who depend on their website to survive, such as online stores and professional bloggers.
If you have a page that every time you visit many people fall or has serious security problems, in the long run, will be depleting your income and your image.
Do I need to have a page in WordPress
To put your page up and running, you need to hire two different services: a domain and a hosting service.
Domains are named that have websites, and through which people access it. They are responsible for turning the Internet IP addresses into readable words, and are an essential element to creating a website accessible by the masses. Although you can access a web page with only one IP address (such as 127.0.0.0), having a domain is something almost mandatory if you’re serious.
Domains can be hired so on accommodation, and can even have more than one domain leads to your visits to the same website. Its main function is to point to your hosting service contracted, that is where your page resides.
- Disk Space
- Data transfer
- Email accounts and auto-answers
- FTP accounts
In theory, anyone can set up a server that connects your PC to the Internet and installing all the necessary software. But to have an accessible page, you’ll need to keep it on at all times and make sure that nothing fails. Hire a hosting gives you all the reliability you need without having to worry that you turn off the home computer.
Different types of hosting
That said, if you go to any hosting provider you will see that there are a huge number of different products and services, and prices vary greatly from one to another for no apparent reason. If you add to this that each provider has a range of prices and different features, the result is to choose the most appropriate hosting service becomes very complicated.
The first thing to consider is that there are several categories of hosting, each designed for a type of web page in particular. While each provider can name their hosting packages in one way or another, actually hosting are classified into 4 types:
The shared hosting or shared hosting is the cheapest and simplest way of hosting, and the most common.
Imagine for a moment that the server where your website is hosted is a hotel with a number of rooms. When you hire a service shared hosting, your page would be hosted in one of the rooms of this hotel, like many others belonging to other clients of the hosting company.
By their nature, shared hosting is the cheapest and affordable to host a web page option; however, it is also a form of hosting very weak compared to the rest, since all the pages that are hosted on the server make use of the same memory, hard disk, and processor.
Advantages of shared hosting:
- It is a very cheap form of accommodation
- To start a business is enough, and later could be shifted to a more powerful service
- Staying in a large server, do not usually have falls
Disadvantages of shared hosting:
- Hosting quality may vary depending on the provider
- By sharing server resources, peak traffic another page can affect you
- Usually, it is a simple way to hosting and underpowered
The next step in the category of accommodation is hiring a VPS server, also known as a virtual server. While shared hosting is to rent a small room, a VPS server is the equivalent of rent space in the building. So, you have much more capacity and available space to host one or more web pages simultaneously.
VPS servers are to reserve a substantial part of the resources of a server for you to use anytime. Unlike shared hosting, where a neighbor can consume more resources page of the account (as the tenant of the hotel that captures the buffet food), here you will have an allocated amount of memory and processing.
VPS servers with more expensive, but you get the assurance that you’ll always have as much space as you need. Moreover, they can easily expand as they are virtual that is, the amount of memory reserved for you can easily be controlled.
In addition, a VPS server is designed to accommodate multiple pages instead of one, so you can group all your projects in one place.
Advantages of VPS server
- Much more stable than shared hosting
- We guarantee the services contracted without the other can take advantage
- It allows you to host more than one page within the server itself
- You can zoom easily
Disadvantages of VPS server
- It is more expensive
- This is a more complex form of hosting, as it is intended for a more professional level
- Cheapest VPS servers may have even fewer benefits than shared accommodation, but are guaranteed
The highest of hosting, and also the most expensive category is hiring a dedicated server. While a shared accommodation we have a room with a VPS server has a local, with a dedicated server rented the whole building to complete.
A dedicated server means you have at your disposal a whole machine for your exclusive use, and you can do with it whatever you want. This form of hosting is by far the more powerful because it avoids have to share resources with other clients of your hosting provider.
However, this is an expensive option, and it is not as flexible as a VPS server. This is because you are hiring a physical computer, and if you need to enlarge or reduce your benefits will have a technician open it and change pieces of hardware.